The Adult Education Program
The Adult Education Program provides skills for success.
- Earn a High School Equivalency Diploma
- Improve math, reading, and writing skills
- Prepare for college or vocational courses
- Qualify for job advancement
- Achieve personal satisfaction
- Plan a career
- Program is provided at no cost to the student
- Materials are provided at no cost to the student
- Class work is self-paced
- Instruction is personalized
- Day and evening classes are available
High School Equivalency Classes
Formerly known as the GED (General Education Diploma) NYS adopted the TASC (Test Assessing Secondary Completion) as its path for achieving a High School Equivalency Diploma.
The TASC is comprised of 5 parts:
- Computation & Applied Math
- Social Studies
The TASC is made up of multiple choice and short answer questions, is given over 2 days, and may be taken as a paper based exam or a computer based exam.